Friday, December 30, 2011

Time to Dream Wall Art

I've been itching to do some Wall Art Canvases for a while now and this week finally sat down and did it.  This one is done with an 8.5x11 stretched Canvas. I will be giving this to my best friend, it's to remind her to take time to dream. She loves anything Tim Holtz and is crazy about Steampunk, her favorite colors are blues and browns.  I adhered a piece of gear paper from the DCWV Tattered Time paper stack and then recolored it with Faded Denim Distress Stain. I used Tim Holtz Symphony Tissue Tape all around the edges then covered it with Ranger Glue n Seal. I placed a paper doily behind the Tim Holtz Tattered Clock Die cut and inked it with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. The Tattered Clock die cut is cut from chipboard, inked up with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink then spritzed with Perfect Pearls  Mist in Perfect Copper. I then added a large circle of Tim Holtz Composer Tissue Paper over the center of the doily. I glued the Clock die cut down onto the Doily/Tissue Circle with Glossy Accents then added a gear from the Tim Holtz Mini Gears Movers and Shapers Die, and added the Tim Holtz Game Spinners with a brad to serve as the clock hands. I cut the dress form with the Tim Holtz Sewing Room Die using chipboard. I painted it black with Studio Black Gesso then applied a thick coating of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint. Once the crackle paint was dry I coated it with Ranger's Pearl Paint Dabber. I cut some white Tulle to make the faux skirt and added a bow. I used a piece of Grungeboard to cut the wings using the Tim Holtz Heart Wings Bigz Die then painted with Copper Perfect Pearls Powder. I cut the number "2" with a piece of Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stash using his Mini Reindeer and 25 Mover and Shaper Die . The "2" was inked up then adhered to a half fan made with Tim Holtz Composer Tissue Paper. The word "time" was cut using the Tim Holtz Once Upon a Time Decorative Strip Die and adhered to the Banner which was cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Banners Die.The chipboard word "dream" came from a dollar bin at Michaels and has been sitting in my cabinet for a year waiting to be used. I inked it all up using Distress Ink colors Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge, Pine Needles, Walnut. I slipped a piece of Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon in there because she likes to dabble in photography.
I had so much fun making this and now think I'll take a stab at making one for myself :-)

I am entering this into the SimonsaysStamp Challenge Blog  Anything Goes Challenge and the Studio L3:Grungy Monday "Get out the Tissues" Challenge
Thanks for looking!



4 comments:

  1. Best friends deserve the best, and girl this is it!!! Fabulous!!! Every single detail is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your friend is sure to love it. Very creative. You have given me some ideas to use on my own canvas that is sitting in my craft room. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, this is wonderful! I love all the sophisticated steampunk look you've created! And... I have some exciting news: You won the Simon Says Stamp shopping spree for your Grungy Monday entry!!! YAY!!!

    Here's the post with info on how to collect your prize:
    http://simonsaysstampblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/new-year-new-winners.html

    Thank you so much for being part of Grungy Monday!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete