Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grungy Monday #39

I admit that Alcohol Inks have intimidated me but no more!  I have always loved the plaid look and the marbled look Tim gets with them and decided it was time to try.  A friend gave me one of those project cards using Tim's stamps and AI's and I really wanted to make a card like it, today I finally did it.  This week's Grungy Monday #39 Challenge is based on Tim's Plaid Technique as seen on his blog here : Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas 2009, Day 3

I used Ranger's new Specialty Stamping Paper (ohhhhhhhhhh my this paper is wonderful!!) along with Tim's Umbrella Man, Tattered Clock and Live the Life Stamps, Meadow and Slate Alcohol Inks. I used the marbeling technique on the main background of the card and the plaid technique on the sentiment background.
Try it, it's FUN!
Thanks for looking.....




4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try that paper...love your project I have a similar one... I too was intimidated by the inks but I saw so many people do cool stuff with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love how you used both techniques... striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, I'm liking how you did two techniques, but it's not overwhelming or clashing. It looks fab!

    Visiting from Grungy Monday
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete