Sunday, March 4, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 {March}

I love the look of mosaic but have never tried to accomplish it. Well Tim used the coolest technique to do mosaic with on his Blog and I loved doing it!  I've already started another project using mosaic Butterflies.
I didn't have the sticky tape sheets nor the Antiquities Embossing powder so I had to a little improvising. Let's face it, improvising is half the fun!  I cut my Butterflies using Tim's Mini Butterfly Die and Grunge Paper, ran the butterflies through my little Xyron X, applied pieces of paper cut from Tim's Ideology Crowded Attic, Seasonal and Lost and Found Stashes. Once my paper pieces were down I applied Stickles as the "grout" and then applied Glossy Accents over the paper pieces. I was quite happy with the outcome.  For my Tag, again I had to improvise since I don't have the Wood Grain stamp. I ran a piece of fun foam through my Vagabond using Tim's Wood Grain Embossing Folder then used the foam as a stamp.

Be sure to check out Tim's Blog for his awesome Tag and instructions.







I am also entering this Tag into the Simon Says Stamp and Show "Idea-ology Bonanza Challenge. I used both Papers and Metals on this Tag.

Thank you for looking!

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Lovely tag and a great bit of improvisation too. Love the mosaic butterflies. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Chalkenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty butterflies! Love your tag! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mosaic! Love these butterflies. I did mine yesterday too.

    ReplyDelete