Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simon Says Stamp- Holiday Blog Hop Challenge

I love making things for the Holidays, especially Christmas! I had to jump in on this challenge, perfect excuse to get in the Christmas mood :-) For this Challenge I decided to use my stamping/paper supplies to create a Christmas Wreath.

I created a digital layout for Edwin and Tilda to skate on, printed it on heavy cardstock and then adhered it to Chipboard for sturdiness. I used one of my favorite Magnolia Stamps from Simonsaysstamp, Edwin and Tilda Skating. I colored them with my Copics, cut them out and adhered them with very thick glue dots to allow a bit of shadow behind them. I used Ranger Stickles on Tilda's collar and cuffs for a bit of sparkle. The Flowers are cut from Basic Grey Papers using Tim's Tattered Florals Die in my Cuttlebug. I added some Stickles to the edges of the petals and used Basic Grey Opaline half pearls in the centers. I finished the wreath off with some sheer ribbon.
and a close up
Thank you for looking!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

CCC#13 Grungepaper Flowers

I was thrilled to come across the StudioL3 Challenge Blog and was ready to jump right in. One problem, no Tattered Florals Die! I clicked on a link posted by a fellow crafter for the Croppinsville online store and solved that problem. Not only did they have the Tattered Florals Die, they also had the Grungepaper I needed. The frosting on the cake was that the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die was on sale! I ordered those babies and they were here in a day and a half, can you feel my excitement?!

I decided to work with a 4x4 Stretched Canvas. I cut my flower parts using Tim's die and my Cuttlebug. I inked one side of each flower with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and painted the other side with Light Roseberry Acrylic Paint. Once the ink and paint were dry I ran the largest and smallest flowers through my cuttlebug using a Script Embossing Folder that had been inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I also inked the edges of the pink petals with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I ran the brown flower though the cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, then lightly ran some of the paint across the top and sanded it once dry. After punching holes in the centers of the flowers I wrapped some fuzzy fiber around the back of a screw brad, put the brad through the flowers then trimmed the fuzzy fiber to my liking. I did up a digital layout using Maya's Steampunk Kit from Scrapbookgraphics, adhered it to the canvas using Glossy Accents, inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered brown Ribbon to the edges of the canvas with Glossy Accents then added my Tattered Grungepaper Flower.

Thank you for Looking!