Sunday, April 21, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 with Tim Holtz-April

I can't believe that April is almost over! Spring is here in Southeast Arkansas, the Tulip Magnolia, Roses and Blackberry bushes in the yard are all in bloom and my Plum Trees have itty bitty plums all over them!  I love this time of year :-)  I also love Tim's April Tag...if you haven't seen it, check it out HERE

Aren't his Blueprint stamps awesome?!!  I don't own any of them yet so I chose to go with his Butterflies from the Papillon set. This is still one of my all time favorite Tim Holtz stamp sets. This was my first time using Tim's Distress Paints and I am hooked big time! The colors are amazing, they blend beautifully and they don't leave your surface feeling chalky or rough...Tim nailed it with these paints!

As soon as my set of Distress Paints came in I had to take a photo of them...love Instagram!  I still need to get the 3 Metallic Distress Paints and my collection will be complete.
I laid some distress paint down on my craft mat, spritzed some water onto the pain then pulled my Tag through the paint. I used my heat gun to dry the tag then laid some metallic distress stain on my mat and pulled the tag through it.  Once it was all dry I used a blending tool and applied some distress ink over the tag in blues, greens and browns, spritzed with water, let the water drips flow down the tag and applied the heat gun again.  I stamped the tag with Tim's Grid stamp from the Mixed Media stamp set then stamped the Butterflies from his Papillon set.  I stamped the Butterflies again onto some Wendy Vecchi Clearly For Art Whiteout (I don't have the Clear one yet), cut the Butterflies out and colored the Butterfly in with Aged Mahogany Distress Marker. I applied the heat gun to the Butterfly to help dry the ink and marker, as well as to help bend the wings. I then glued the body portion of the butterfly to the tag using glossy accents.  I took some of Tim's trim, applied distress paint and distress stain to it and looped it through the tag. 
I was going to add a bunch of embellishments but changed my mind, I love the colorful simplicity of this Tag.

Thank you for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, Michelle! Love what you've done with the paints... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the background with all the blue! The stamping and butterflies are great! Wonderful take!

    ReplyDelete