Friday, April 27, 2012

12 Tags of 2012 with Tim Holtz...April

Don't you just love the month of April?  Here on the farm we have Bluebirds, Turkeys and Ducklings hatching and I am constantly amazed at the beauty of new birth! I was tickled to see that Tim used a Bird in this months Tag...in case you didn't know, I'm bird crazy! I just had 18 ducklings hatch under one of my favorite Duck Hens and I've got 18 Turkey eggs in the incubator :-)  Oops, enough of "my" bird talk and onto the Tag LOL

If you aren't following along with Tim...you must go check out his blog!

I used got some of Tim's birds cut out of grungeboard in a swap and decided to color one with my Ranger Distress Ink Markers (oh oh oh I love these markers!!), I cut one of the Tim Holtz Tree's apart to make my branch. I did a lot of improvising on this month's Tag.  I inked up my Tim Holtz Wood Grain Embossing Folder and ran my tag through it with my Vagabond without embossing the bottom bit, then I ran the bottom of the tag through my Tim Holtz Valentine Background and Border embossing folders (Lace border).  I inked up the main part of the Tag with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and inked up the bottom border portion with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.  I cut a Ticket using Tim's Ticket Strip Die and Banner using a Spellbinder's Die. The Ticket was stamped with Tim's Time ATC Stamp and inked up with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered the Banner with Tim's Tiny Attacher, inked up some seam binding with Distress Stains in Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans then added a bit of Moss to the branch.

Thank you for looking!
Michelle

5 comments:

  1. Fun tag! Love the woodgrain background to go with the bird and branch. The moss is such a perfect touch to the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, your tag looks wonderful! I love the wood background.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that nest doesn't beat all!!! Fabulous!!! I love your whole design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visit and nice comments on my blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag! Love the background and the added bird's nest is just so clever! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete