Saturday, March 28, 2015

12 Tags of 2015 with Tim Holtz-March



Greetings from Southeast Arkansas where winter is stuck LOL!  I'm so thankful for my warm and cozy craft room!
Don't you just love Tim's March Tag? Once again I don't have the exact supplies that Tim used so I improvised. Now normally I make a tag but this month I've made a gift for a very dear Friend.
I built a wood frame, painted it black and then coated the black with DecoArt Weathered Wood medium. Once the medium was dry I applied a coat of DecoArt Mocha Acrylic paint and sat and watched the beautiful cracks appear.
Next I cut a piece of black matboard and used Tim's Clock Stencil along with some opaque texture paste that I had mixed some purple acrylic paint into. Applied to the matboard and dusted with some Ranger Pearl Ex Powder.
I cut and embossed the Dragonfly using Tim's Layered Dragonfly Die, colored her up with pearlex powders, added some half pearls to her tail then covered her completely with Ranger Glossy Accents.
Before I adhered the Dragonfly to the frame, I gave the whole frame a coating of Rangers Glue n Seal and once it was dry I did some antiquing all over the frame with some of Tim's Black Soot Distress Paint. Apply the distress paint , wait about 30 seconds then rub it back with a soft cloth until you get the desired look.  I appllied some Picket Fence Distress Paint to one of Tim's keyholes, waited a few seconds and did a quick light rub with a soft cloth.

I really enjoyed making this, at first I felt funny not doing a tag but Tim does encourage us to take inspiration from his and run with it...I ran LOL  Thank you for looking. Now I must get this boxed up and mailed off to put a bit of happy in a dear Friend's day.

Don't forget to head to Tim's Blog and join in on the fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment